What Is MyPoliSciLab?
MyPoliSciLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course. It provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class performance. And, MyPoliSciLab comes from Pearson—your partner in providing the best digital learning experiences.
The New MyPoliSciLab (described below) is available for American Government. MyPoliSciLab is also available in a previous version for International Relations, Comparative Politics, Introduction to Political Science, State and Local Government, and Texas Politics. Contact your local Pearson Representative for details.
- MyPoliSciLab Overview
- Video Series
- Politics Matters Blog
- Instructor eText
- Pearson eText and Chapter Audio
MyPoliSciLab Overview Back to top
MyPoliSciLab engages students through personalized learning and helps instructors with course preparation, content delivery, and assessment.
Explorer Back to top
Explorer is a hands-on way to develop quantitative literacy and to move students beyond punditry and opinion. In the book, infographics introduce key questions about politics. On MyPoliSciLab, guided exercises ask students to read the data related to the questions and then find connections among the data to answer the questions. Explorer includes data from the United States Census, General Social Survey, Statistical Abstract of the United States, Gallup, American National Election Studies, and Election Data Services with more data being regularly added.
Video Series Back to top
Video Series features Pearson authors and top scholars discussing the big ideas in each chapter and applying them to enduring political issues. Each chapter is supported six videos that help students work through the material and retain its key lessons.
• The Big Picture. Understand how the topic fits into the American political system.
• The Basics. Review the topic’s core learning objectives.
• In Context. Examine the historical background of the topic.
• Thinking Like a Political Scientist. Solve a political puzzle related to the topic.
• In the Real World. Consider different perspectives on a key issue in American politics.
• So What? Connect the topic to what is at stake for American democracy.
Simulations Back to top
Reflect on a theoretical case with the simulations in MyPoliSciLab. Easy to assign and complete in a week, each simulation is a game-like opportunity to play the role of a political actor and apply course concepts to make realistic political decisions.
Politics Matters Blog Back to top
Prepare students for a lifetime of following political news. With up-to-the-minute analysis by top scholars on MyPoliSciLab’s blogs, coverage of the 2012 elections and more keeps politics relevant and models how to analyze developments in the American political system. Students can also register to vote.
Instructor eText Back to top
The instructor’s eText offers links to relevant instructor’s resources and student activities in MyPoliSciLab. Access these resources by simply clicking on an icon at the start of each chapter.
Pearson eText and Chapter Audio Back to top
Like the printed text, students can highlight relevant passages and add notes. The Pearson eText can be accessed through laptops, iPads, and tablets. Download the free Pearson eText app to use on tablets. Students can also listen to their text with the Audio eText.
Assignment Calendar Back to top
The intuitive assignment calendar lets instructors drag and drop assignments to the desired date and gives students an excellent course organizer.
Assessment and Gradebook Back to top
Homework and exam assessment help both instructors and students to track progress and get immediate feedback. Automatically graded assessment flows into the gradebook, which can be used in the MyLab or exported.
Personalized Study Plan Back to top
Students’ personalized plans promote better critical thinking skills. The study plan organizes students’ study needs into sections, such as Remembering, Understanding, Applying, and Analyzing.
Flashcards Back to top
Students can study key terms and concepts with their own personal set of flashcards. Spanish Flashcards also available for select courses.
Class Preparation Tool Back to top
The Class Preparation Tool collects the very best class presentation resources in one convenient online destination, so instructors can keep students engaged throughout every class. Add multimedia, figures, photos, and lots more from any Pearson political science book to a lecture.Launch Tutorial ›
Fully Customizable Back to top
MyPoliSciLab is customizable. Instructors choose what students’ course looks like. Homework, applications, and more can easily be turned off and off.
Supplements Back to top
Make more time for students with instructor resources that offer effective learning assessments and classroom engagement.
• The Test Bank measures each book’s learning objectives with multiple-choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, short answer, and essay questions. Instructors can easily customize the assessment to work in any major learning management system and to match what is covered in their course.
• Designed for new and experienced instructors, the Instructor’s Manual includes a sample syllabus, lecture and discussion suggestions, activities for in or out of class, and essays on teaching American Government.
• The PowerPoint Presentation with Classroom Response System (CRS) includes a full lecture script, discussion questions, photos and figures from the book, and links to MyPoliSciLab multimedia. With integrated clicker questions, get immediate feedback on what students are learning during a lecture.
Writing Space Back to top
Writing Space is the best way to develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking through writing. Writing Space provides a single place within MyLab to create, track, and grade writing assignments, access writing resources, and exchange meaningful, personalized feedback quickly and easily to improve results. Writing Space can also check for plagiarism by comparing it against the world's most accurate text comparison database available from Turnitin.Play video